Have I got chlorine in my body?
Yes, plenty. Although you will normally find chlorine in the form of chlorinated substances (like salt, hormones etc) free chlorine “radicals” (a very reactive form of chlorine) have also been detected in human tears.
The chlorine we find in our body is mainly present as
- Hydrochloric acid (concentrated stuff!) in your stomach, to help digest your food
- Salts in your blood stream and body cells
- Some complex molecules like hormone derivatives
- Some complex reactions like the conversion of cholesterol in your veins
- The blood’s defence system against bacteria
> Read more about chlorine in your body